Who am I?
I'm a senior leader who's earned his stripes delivering a large variety of projects. Some involved building businesses or business units from the ground up others focused on delivering key technology projects and change programs. Between a degree in computer science, an MBA in corporate finance and a career spanning 2 decades I have the right tools and knowledge to work alongside C suite and founders as an advisor on strategic initiatives.
- Spent 6 years as CTO at Azoomee, going from day 0 to a global player in kids media with an in-house best-in-class platform
- Was an engineering manager at The Sun, Britain's widest circulated newspaper, leading an Agile transformation while delivering a new web, mobile and tablet experience
- Delivered several projects for a major Oil&Gas producer optimizing factory operations using various custom data and dashboarding solutions
- Part of a turnaround team getting a small consultancy back to profitability and ultimately sell to a competitor
- Worked at TeleAtlas (acquired by TomTom) for several years building out the brand new Points of Interest database, effectively leading a "big data" project even though back then it was just called data
- Worked on several M&A transactions, focusing on target due diligence, technical synergies and 100 day plan post transaction
In the press
- Interview with CTO Craft - Zero to CTO
- CTO Bytes Panel - CFO expectations of a CTO
- FJR Insights - Interview
- Venturi's voice - Podcast
How can I help you?
- Technology Strategy: Should you buy or build? Which components are readily available? What is core to your business and what is commodity? I'll work with you to answer those questions and provide you an plan to future proof your technology setup.
- Building a team: The hardest part of technology is finding the right people. Between my experience, network of technology experts and trusted recruiters I can easily separate the wheat from the chaff for you.
- Tech Operations: Think your team could run more efficiently? Not sure about how to manage your roadmap and product lifecycle? Let me work with your team for a while to bring this information forward and help put operational processes in place that deliver you the right information at the right time
- Due Diligence: questions on new vendors? Thinking of acquiring a new company but not sure about their operation? I'll happily pop the hood and make sure you understand what you're getting
- Board Governance: Looking for an advisor or board member who is able to link technology and business? Look no further